Monday, December 10, 2012


Lib Lyte


I lay down the white flag – though it may have some skid marks on it.

I want to be a Lib – I really do. And I’m trying. After all they won and won big and they rule now. Fine – it’s the American way, eh?

But I can’t get past abortion and homosexuality – sorry – my God says it’s wrong (Psalm 139 and Leviticus 18:22). There’s a stumbling block right there. Libs don’t care what God says, in fact if you try and tell ‘em God says anything, they get that sneer, smirk and are loaded up with taunts, comebacks, offense. They’re good at it.

I wanna be like that – but I don’t fit in. My core’s wired differently – God’s word is truth, right and wrong, common sense, guys and girls, all that good stuff. According to Libs that’s  outmoded, old-fashioned, irrelevant, not even retro – retro would be cool – Nouveau  Christian (Christian but cool somehow), Christian Democrat. Now there’s an anomaly – but one I’m trying hard to surmount.

So I’ve come up with Lib Lyte. Partial Progressive doesn’t ring my thing.

To the good side, I don’t believe in capitalism without – here I go again – practiced Christian values. If anyone should be going to church and having a 24 hr. Christian Bubba over them – it’s ANY executive of any corporation, low, middle, upper management. We’re talking Pope when it comes to CEO’s – constantly ringing red telephone.

“Corporate Greed” is Latin for “the devil rules,” ain’t it? Redistribution of wealth – not gonna happen but if it did, I’m a church mouse.

And art? Oh cripe – conservatives and Christians – that whole crowd. Where’s their stuff? Can’t a conservative pick up a crayon? Write a book? Plunk on a guitar? Yes, plenty of Christian music out there – some of it’s pretty good – same with the books. But the problem is, it’s a niche. If more conservatives expressed themselves about the human condition, maybe they wouldn’t be hiding behind the bible all the time.

I don’t know. What happened to “We Are The World” and “we’re all in this together”? “We the People”? Media, culture, GIVE US AN F'NG BREAK. Let that be your part in this truce. As an incentive, remember, there are 57 million of us who didn’t vote for your values – not all of which are bad.

And where’s God, by the way? Isn’t He supposed to be coming soon? Are the Mayans wrong? Are we setting dates to cop out of the world’s misery? Lastly, but most important – why can’t you come and fix this, Lord? Oops, God’s voice, “If you’d all come to me and live the way I wrote you to liveth, it’d BE fixed. Sorry for yelling, I’m a little frustrated too.” And He’s God.

“Are you really going to say “liveth” and things like that all of eternity?” I asked Him.

“Not your eternity,” the Lord cometh back.

“Sorry, sorry,” I repented, knowing He has a good sense of humor (I hope).

Let’s change some hearts – even if it means being Lib Lyte. It’s Ok – there’s no such thing. Not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment