Monday, April 13, 2009

Mr. Martini, How 'Bout Some Wine!

I can't seem to locate a photo, but I know where that scene from Wonderful Life was shot when they enter the Martini Castle. A friend a mine lives near the area, it's north of LA. The title of this column was actually said at the end of the film when George Bailey's friends triumphantly come to his rescue.

Watched some clips of Frank Capra on you Tube this morning -- one from Dick Cavett's show, late 60's it looks like. FC was talking about Lost Horizon and how he experimented with putting dry ice in actor's mouth to get the effect of talking outside in freezing weather! Salute to silent film start Hobart Bosworth, who was quite injured in the incident.

The other clip was Capra on the old Tomorrow Show with Tom Snyder. How I missed that one during its run, I don't know. Was a faithful follower from the start. Tom knew conversation. Glad we still have Charlie Rose and Tavis Smiley.

But...the subject today is wine. Has anyone tried Frey wine? Saw it on Christina Pirello's excellent website. Yo, Christina!

http://www.freywine.com/
http://www.christinacooks.com/

I'm into Mediterranean style cooking. It has helped break my potato chip habit and I've lost four pounds in the two weeks I've committed to the lifestyle.

Recipes to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment